Battle Module

alt=
MONEE
@monee
2 months ago
36 posts
Has anyone got the old battle module to work in Jamroom7 or created new battle module they willing to sell?
michael
@michael
2 months ago
7,713 posts
I think the whole difficulty level of having to separate it into a module is the reason it isn't one. There's a lot of module/skin integration needed to get it really working.
alt=
MONEE
@monee
2 months ago
36 posts
Im going to give it a shot. I got a copy and looking at the old files. I’m hopping all I have to do it get the files converted to php7. For it to function. Is there anything in that moduke that jamroom doesn’t sopport anymore? Any tips to make this process easier would be appreciated
michael
@michael
2 months ago
7,713 posts
There's probably a lot thats different. The one that jumps to mind is if there are any calls to ????_mysql() then for newer php you need to put an 'i' after it for "improved" _mysqli().

That was one of the broken things.

Jamroom hides a lot of that though if you go through its functions. Jamroom5+ also has 'datastores' which JR4 didn't have. They're really useful. Using them means you don't need to define your SQL so rigidly. Still can if you want, but datastores are a different option. KEY -> VALUE storage structure. Its really neat.