solved Hide menu item on artists profiles

alt=
@andrusito
7 years ago
302 posts
Hi,

I want to hide Videos item, but without having to deactivate the module.

How would you do that? thanks.

UPDATE: I've already unchecked the "Allowed on profile" box, but it makes all items from that module to stop working and I need them to be still accesibles.
updated by @andrusito: 12/10/17 06:32:25PM
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,786 posts
You would want to modify the profile template that has the jrProfile_menu function and add an exclude_module parameter to it. It most likely is in the profile_header.tpl for your skin.

jrProfile_menu function docs.
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/module-developer-guide/1997/jrprofile-menu

ie. from the jrVideoPro skins profile_header.tpl

Change this:

{jrProfile_menu template=$menu_template profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url order="jrAction,jrBlog,jrCombinedAudio,jrAudio,jrCombinedVideo,jrVideo,jrGallery,jrGroup,jrEvent,jrYouTube,jrVimeo,jrFlickr"}

To this:
{jrProfile_menu template=$menu_template profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url exclude_module="jrVideo" order="jrAction,jrBlog,jrCombinedAudio,jrAudio,jrGallery,jrGroup,jrEvent,jrYouTube,jrVimeo,jrFlickr"}

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@andrusito
7 years ago
302 posts
hi @Douglas,

Looks very useful but I can't hide the item called jrEmbedMedia. This is my code:

{jrProfile_menu template=$menu_template profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url exclude_module="jrEmbedMedia" order="jrAction,jrBlog,jrCombinedAudio,jrAudio,jrCombinedVideo,jrVideo,jrGallery,jrGroup,jrEvent,jrYouTube,jrVimeo,jrFlickr"}

Do you see anything wrong above?

Thanks!
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,786 posts
jrEmbedMedia is not a profile menu item.

If you want to hide the Video link on the profile page, change jrEmbedMedia to jrVideo.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@andrusito
7 years ago
302 posts
Sorry, maybe I did not explain this part:

The module is not jrVideo but jrEmbedMedia. The name you saw on the tab is because I just renamed it.
I'm not using jrVideo on my website. I'll put it more simple and rename it back to "emedia". Look at attached image.

So even with this code

{jrProfile_menu template=$menu_template profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url exclude_module="jrEmbedMedia" order="jrAction,jrBlog,jrCombinedAudio,jrAudio,jrCombinedVideo,jrVideo,jrGallery,jrGroup,jrEvent,jrYouTube,jrVimeo,jrFlickr"}

I can't hide it..

jrEmbedMedia is a custom module I built using Aparna, but I don't know how to make it go away.
alt=
@andrusito
7 years ago
302 posts
Solved Douglas!!

the problem was the missing s letter in your first comment, so I change this:

exclude_module="jrEmbedMedia"

to this:

exclude_modules="jrEmbedMedia"

Thanks mate!!
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,786 posts
Sorry about that, glad you figured it out though. ;)

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

Tags