in progress Comments Section cropped and Time line section too big - Beat Slinger

alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
Could you please help with the below issues regarding Editor Module in the Beat Slinger skin
1) The Comment “Wall” section has cropped the “Post Your Comment” Button(see image)
2) Time line text editing too big or out of format
comments.PNG.png
comments.PNG.png  •  26KB

timeline.jpg
timeline.jpg  •  77KB

updated by @luis789: 12/21/16 03:49:57PM
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
2) Time line text editing too big or out of forma
timeline.jpg
timeline.jpg  •  77KB

alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
I just upgraded to the newest version and the problem persists. I think it is skin related since I had tested with other skins and it works fine.
Do you have any suggestions?. I really need a fix for the comments sections
nate
@nate
8 years ago
917 posts
I must tell you first, I am not a fan of the editor and generally skip it when designing. I especially hate it for comments and the timeline module. In fact, futures skins I design will not support it (unless Brian overrules me on that). Users have no clue how to use it and destroy designs with it. It just makes for unpleasantness. As a designer it's crushing.

I'll take a look at this tomorrow.
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
After installing the latest version the problem persist, "Post Your Comment" is still missing.
If I disabled the "Editor" Same issue.
missing.PNG.png
missing.PNG.png  •  27KB

nate
@nate
8 years ago
917 posts
You press enter to submit comments but not with the editor.
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
nate:
You press enter to submit comments but not with the editor.

Hello Nate!

That Submit button is missing in he Beat Slinger skin. Which .tpl file do I need to modify to add that button?. I think this is a skin issue since on other skins the Submit button shows. The previews image was from the Media Pro skin
Thank You
Capture.PNG.png
Capture.PNG.png  •  37KB

updated by @luis789: 07/20/16 09:18:31AM
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
Do you have an ETA of when this issue will be fixed?
I'm getting complains from users with being able to leave any comments. The users like this skin.
Again, this is a skin issue..
Thank You
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,787 posts
This has been fixed for the next release.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
After upgrading the the newest release the "Post" button is not showing, but not working. When posting a comment and after clicking in the "Post"get the below message "You forgot to enter a comment". This could be a string language.. not a big deal to fix, but the comments do not show anywhere.

Any ideas?
comment.PNG.png
comment.PNG.png  •  46KB

updated by @luis789: 09/19/16 10:27:55AM
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
After upgrading the the newest release the "Post" button is not showing, but not working. When posting a comment and after clicking in the "Post"get the below message "You forgot to enter a comment". This could be a string language.. not a big deal to fix, but the comments do not show anywhere.

Do you have any ideas ?

The problem seems to be that it is not registering in the database
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,787 posts
You might try turning the editor off for comments and see if it works then.
ACP > Item Features > Comments > Global Config > General Settings

That might help narrow down the issue your having.

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@luis789
8 years ago
88 posts
Hello Douglas!
You're absolute right. After turning off the Editor, I'm able to post comments and it works fine including the reply to comments.
So defensively there is a conflict between the Editor and the Template since it is only happening with this template. I tested with media pro and nova skin and the comment editor worked fine.
Once minor issue that I found after turning off the editor. When the comment entered by the firs time the "Post" Button works. When you reply to the posted comment the "Post" Button is gray out, but clicking the entered command key, the comments gets posted automatically. I guess its a minor issue.
test.PNG.png
test.PNG.png  •  170KB

updated by @luis789: 09/22/16 06:16:26AM

Tags