solved Stop Rating emails

alt=
@andrusito
8 years ago
302 posts
hi,

how can i stop email sending from 'Item Ratings' module? it sends an email to item's author when someone rate that item. The email subject is like: "New Rating on..."

Thanks.
updated by @andrusito: 09/16/16 09:09:30PM
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,786 posts
You'll want to turn off notifications for ratings in your account settings > notifications tab.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@andrusito
8 years ago
302 posts
thanks Douglas i did it..

but how to make it default for every profile in my website? i don't want profile owners receive a notification everytime someone rates their music.

it might sound strange but it is important to deactivate those notifications.
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,786 posts
I'm not sure there is a way other than manually modifying the profiles notifications.

Sorry, maybe one of the other guys can jump in here and give some info on how that might be achieved.

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
@andrusito
8 years ago
302 posts
Oh.. ok don't worry.

Anyone knows if it is possible? Maybe modifing or commenting some line of code inside the module files.. :/

Thanks!!
updated by @andrusito: 06/14/16 09:57:01AM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,711 posts
The value you're after is stored in the jrUser datastore. Specifically the jr_jruser_item_key table and the user_jrRating_new_rating_notifications key.

When the value of this is set to 'off' no mail is sent.

So you could make a module to turn it off when new users are created. The default for when this is not set is to send the email, then allow the users to de-activate it if desired.

One possible module idea is to listen for when the new user is created, and add the desired entry then.

Docs: "Events and Listeners"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/development/1011/events-and-listeners
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,711 posts
If you don't want to make a module, then perhaps put text into your email
ACP -> MODULES -> ITEM FEATURES -> ITEM RATINGS -> TEMPLATES -> email_new_rating_message.tpl

And instruct the receivers of the email where to turn off the ratings notifications.

The situation: a user has posted something, a different user has rated it. Thats something the poster of the thing would likely want to be notified about. If they don't want to be notified about it, they can turn it off.

Tags