Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
Friendly URLs Gone after Upgrade
Dazed

Posted: 03/18/08 17:39 
When I upgraded to 3.2.5 and I am now displaying siteurl/bands/825/ instead of siteurl/band name.

I saw the other post on here but that was a cluster situation and I am not on cluster yet. Any ideas?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/18/08 17:47 

Dazed:
When I upgraded to 3.2.5 and I am now displaying siteurl/bands/825/ instead of siteurl/band name.

I saw the other post on here but that was a cluster situation and I am not on cluster yet. Any ideas?

Did you overwrite your .htaccess file? There's nothing in the Jamroom core (or addons) that overwrites anything in SefJam.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 03/18/08 17:59 
Yeah I though the same thing. It is still the old .htaccess. The friendly url links will still go to the artist pages luckily but they revert back to the old style url. It is very odd! I may have to touch base with DJ. I upgraded when 3.2.5 was released and I am just noticing this now. Maybe there was a server change?

Dazed

Posted: 03/20/08 16:47 
Steve I sent you a PM with my .htaccess to see if anything jumps out at you. This is just strange!

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 03/20/08 17:04 
Just had another user upgrade to 3.2.5 today and tell me now that sefjam isn't working. Rolled it back to 3.2.4 and sefjam works.

Seems like something in jamroom changed and affected it, but I don't know what?

I toyed with it for about 45 minutes, but I understand how sefjam works about as well as I understand my girlfriend Confused

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Dazed

Posted: 03/20/08 17:41 
thanks for confirming the bug exists DJ. Hopefully Steve can figure it out.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/20/08 17:50 
I am not sure what this can be as sefjam is running successfully on at least some 3.2.5 upgrades.

In a few minutes I will send you the latest sefjam files in case that makes any difference, and I will try to take a look for reasons in the morning before leaving, but I will have little time - I just arrived back here, but tomorrow the project continues with a full day selecting and digitizing whilst it is all fresh in our minds.

Fortunately Easter weekend is almost here, so I will spend some time on this on Saturday. If nothing is resolved by then can you send me the necessary details and I will try to find what the problem might be.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/21/08 04:42 
SefJam seems to be fully working, but I think I see what the problem is:

In your featured artists section on the home page, click on the artist name:
/bands/153/
You are delivered to the artist site and the url in the address bar is changed to
/randall_pappas/
All ok (although you should change your templates to use the artist name url rather than the members/xx url

Click on the image for the same artist and the link is:
/ranking.php?mode=artist&band_id=153&row_template=artists_index.tpl
You are not delivered to your artist site because the template you are using takes you to a page produced by ranking.php rather than the artist profile - you would want to deliver your visitor to the actual artist profile rather than a single artist listed by ranking.

I will check back here later tonight in case I have missed the error I was looking for, but I think what you need to do is to link to the artist profile rather than a ranking page. In any case, the artist name and their image should link to the same page.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dazed

Posted: 03/21/08 05:15 
Hmm did you make a change on my site? It seems to be working now. Before whenever you clicked on any link it took you to a url of site_url/bands/number/. I did put in the .htaccess you sent me last night but I still had the old url's.

Yeah I need to change the url's as you mentioned. Been too busy to do it!

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/21/08 17:13 
I made no changes at all - logged in, checked your htaccess and sefjam.php, checked the quota settings, server settings etc, then looked at your pages, noted that all links were translated as expected and then noticed that the Newest artists image linked differently to the text and assumed that that was the root of the problem. But I didn't check every combination of links, so this might be a problem that hasn't entirely gone away, or perhaps a caching problem after the upgrade.

As dj has noticed other users with problems after upgrading to 3.2.5 you might not be alone in this problem, so please keep an eye on it and let me know if you notice anything amiss.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 03/23/08 00:31 
I found this guy hanging around, a ton of them actually:

Quote:
PHP Warning: Division by zero in include/plugins/smarty/function.jr_sefjam_cloud.php on line 214

Have you seen that before?

*sorry, maybe thats not an error of sefjam but of clouds? I really don't know Laughing Embarassed

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/24/08 04:39 
No, I'm not seeing this.

Can you let me know which version of the clouds plugin it is, and how the function is being used?

Thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/30/08 17:30 
I have noticed this on a site today, and have a new version that will fix this.

If anyone needs an update to fix this (Clouds 1.0.3) please email me and I will send it through.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules